Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Congratulations on getting your application in!


Hi everyone,

We’re so excited that your applications are all in! AESOP is such a great opportunity to meet your first friends, share new experiences with other crazy bobkittens, and get a warm welcome to the Bates community. As I mentioned in my bio I’m at Bates this summer working as an intern at a local nonprofit, Community Concepts. I’ve been helping out with a lot of different projects at CCI, one of which was conducting a quality of life survey. I worked with 30 other volunteers, knocking on over 700 doors in Downtown Lewiston, and ultimately conducting 256 surveys – WOO! I’ve also been playing Frisbee in a summer league in Portland and having some fun adventures. Being in Maine has been such a blast so far! Let me give you a sneak peak of some of the adventures you could have while you’re at Bates …

Meeting some awesome people on AESOP (duh!) 
Beautiful views on AESOP (Pemigewasset folks get psyched, this is you!!!!) 

Watching fireworks on the 4th of July over the Falls

Yaa I love fireworks

Making new friends at Nezinscot Farm (featuring AESOP leader Ashleen O’Brien)

Exploring all over!! (This is a day we went clamming at Wolfe's Neck State Park in Freeport, ME)

Tune in again soon to get more pics and more updates!!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment